Friday, November 17, 2006

Suse Linux 10.1 aftermath

Well its been over 3 weeks since I installed Suse 10.1 on my 2nd production workstation at the office. I've been busy with other sysadmin tasks and haven't touched it in a while. Recently I used it and discovered the following:

Evolution is broken!! It just stopped working. Period. I tried a reboot but that didn't work! To even begin to compare it to Outlook is a joke. There is no way to resend emails, for example, if you have a daily need to send the same (or almost identical) email every day.

CUPS is broken. The Linux box just won't print. Deleting the printer and adding it back did not work at all. Contrast this to my production WinXP Pro box which gets hammered every day... and printing works ALL the time!

I've had enough of Suse 10.1. I would have thought a company like Novell would have done a better job, but NO!! Linux still sucks... BIG TIME!!

No comments: